Yorkshire “success story” Rogers Geotechnical Services (RGS) Ltd is reporting a record-breaking year – boosting both turnover and staff recruitment by over 30 per cent.
As 2015 draws to a close, the past 12 months included the busiest August on record for RGS and follows a highly successful 2014. As a result, the Shelley-based company now employs 22 people, compared with eight in 2010.
During 2015, RGS’ major achievements included:
• Winning record numbers of tenders and values
• Appointing a Principal Engineer, Gabriel Bobrowicz to support RGS’ growing team of 6 engineers, led by Steve Rogers
• Continuing to support of work experience for local university and college students – leading to the appointment of three new members of staff
• Supporting the Yorkshire apprenticeship scheme – Entice – which matches local young people with businesses
• Securing an Eaton Smith Business Award
• Embarking on a professional PR and co-ordinated branding campaign, including new workwear and publishing monthly external and staff newsletters
• Major investment in health and safety, leading to the appointment of local consultant David Toulcher to support the company’s Citation management system.
• Continuing to work towards the RGS laboratory’s national accreditation, including investment in KEYlab software systems
RGS Managing Director Emma Lewis said, “The past year has been an exciting and dynamic year for everybody at RGS and we consolidated and built on the huge successes of 2014 and are now in a position to report that this year’s been even better.
“We attribute RGS’ success to our emphasis on expertise and professionalism, combined with good old-fashioned family values including honesty, consistency, competitiveness and straightforward pricing and first-class service.
“We continue to build on our successes, year on year, and developing and growing the business to suit market and client demands. Our unrivalled commitment to a co-ordinated approach within our three departments – fieldworks, lab and engineering – puts us in a strong position to react positively and proactively at all times.”
Looking ahead, Emma said RGS had every confidence that 2016 would be an even better year than last, and the company starts the New Year with a full order book.
She summed up, “We are in a strong position and have a full order book for the beginning of 2016, as we continue to strengthen our position in the market place and our ability to create new jobs for local people. So it is good news for us and also the local employment market.
“We are very much looking forward to continuing to supply ground investigation and consultancy services to Roger Bullivant Ltd, a long-standing client, but in 2016 we will also be delivering training to all of their nationwide offices, and welcoming their graduates for three-month secondments at RGS, starting in January. This is exciting for RGS as we will be embarking on a reciprocal arrangement later in the year, allowing our engineers and theirs to benefit from each other’s specialist knowledge and skills. “
Location: Barncliffe Business Park, Shelley, Huddersfield
New-look website: www.rogersgeotech.co.uk
Personnel: A 22-strong team, headed by managing Director Emma Lewis, Operations Director Chay Rogers and Technical Director Steve Rogers, who is Chay’s father.
Services: Rogers Geotechnical Services Ltd are site investigation specialists offering ground investigation and geotechnical and environmental services to developers, builders, structural and consulting engineers, architects, insurance companies, local authorities, piling and foundation engineers, private individuals and other geotechnical consultants.
• BS EN ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001.
• Citation approved H&S management system.
• LELC approved HR systems.
• BS for geotechnical and geo-environmental industry.